ART, CRAFT & DESIGN –
In Art, Craft & Design you will have the opportunity to create images and objects using a variety of tools, materials and special equipment. Art, Craft & Design is a really practical subject where students learn completely by doing. Students develop their creativity, imagination and self-expression.
Art: emphasises ideas, feelings and visual qualities
Craft: emphasises the correct use of tools and materials
Design: emphasises planning, problem solving and completion, using drawing as a means of thinking
The main aims of this subject are as follows:
* to promote self-expression through creative skill and crafts.
* to develop an awareness and appreciation of the artistic view and knowledge.
* to willingly work on projects and techniques to increase ability and perfect style
* to willingly work solo or as part of a group.
* to show dedication to their craftwork.
Pupils will gain experience in the following:
* Visual research skills
* Observation and recording through sketching etc.
* Personal expression
* Skills, craftsmanship and presentation
* Critical studies and appraisal
Is Art, Craft & Design anything like what I did in primary school?
You have already been expressing your creative abilities through drawing, paint, colour, print, clay, construction, fabric and fibre in primary school. You will continue to build on these skills and you will also learn to use other tools, materials and special equipment to create images and objects. If you liked art in primary school then you will love Art, Craft & Design.
Will Art Craft Design have anything to do with other subjects I will be studying?
Art Craft Design is all around you so it links with all subjects especially: Technical Graphics, Home Economics, Technology, Materials Technology (Wood), Ethical Education, SPHE and CSPE
Possible Career Opportunities:
Advertising, Architecture, Fashion, Design, Marketing, Printing