An Garda Síochána is appealing to cyclists to take extra precautions in keeping their bicycles safe by locking them in the most secure way possible.
Crime Prevention Advice:
- Spend 10% to 20% of the value of your bike on two locks.
- Lock your bike tightly to an immovable object.
- Keep the lock off the ground.
- Take a photo of your bike, note the serial number and email it to yourself so that you have a record of it.
- Lock your bike indoors or in well-lit areas if possible.
Crime prevention bike theft video with Sergeant Kelvin Courtney and Sergeant Shane Henry giving useful advice on protecting your bicycle (pre COVID 19 restrictions)